Presented by COFORD and woodenergy.ie
Units, standards and costings software for wood for energy
Wednesday 10 October 2012
Killeshin Hotel, Portlaoise
Workshop 09:30 am - 12:00 pm
This half-day workshop will provide guidelines and information on:
- Units, conversion factors and formulae for wood for energy. Make sense of units such as: m3 solid, m3 loose volume, tonnes, GJ, kWh, and understand the importance of moisture and energy content in determining price and return on investment.
- New CEN (European) standards for solid biofuels, particularly for non-industrial applications: wood chip, pellets, briquettes, firewood
- New software will be demonstrated and provided that will answer questions such as:
- What will my annual cost be for an alternative (bio)fuel compared to my present consumption of fossil fuel (coal, oil, electricity, peat).
- How long a pay-back if I change to another fuel?
- What are the costs of producing and delivering wood chips depending on tree species, basic density, moisture content at different stages of the production process, ash content, harvesting and chipping costs, transport distance, storage period etc?
Registration fee is €50.00 per person. This includes a copy of the costings software, tea/coffee and handouts.
The workshop is limited to 20 participants so prior registration is essential - contact Orla Cashen tel: 01 6072487, or email email@example.com
Payment details will be forwarded upon receipt of the registration form. (doc 34Kb) When making a transfer or lodgement please include your name as a reference for identification.
DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT Please note that there is a deadline of 3 October 2012 for registration and payment to ensure a place at the workshop. For all Registration queries please contact Orla Cashen 01 6072487, or email firstname.lastname@example.org